View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
rickyd13

getting close to entering and getting a new ride

a short time before graduation i went to the recruiter to enlist in the air force as i had planned on for a long time only to be told that i was to heavy and would need to loose almost 40 pounds to enter
at my height of 5'11" i have to be 198 lbs to enter and at the time i was 236.4
at first i was so knocked down by this that i didn't do anything until about a month ago friday morning i got on the scale and it read 210.8 so i lost more than half the weight and hope that i would be at my goal by thanks giving and be done with the process by the end of the year and waiting on my deployment
so with that said i will hopefully be an aircraft mechanic while i am in and i will be doing a 6 year hitch giving me a direct bump in pay to e3 which is in the area of $1600 a month which is not bad considering that they pay for my food housing medical and cloths so i will have that money to do as i please with and I'm hoping to be stationed in the states so i can have a car to use when i get a chance and relax even if it just to go to the store so i am between a new camaro ss - wrx/sti - ralliart/evo and a few other things that catch my eye but the ss and the wrx/sti is the top 3 what does everyone think on new car in that range and if I'm making the right move
thanks
rickyd13 is offline   Reply With Quote