View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 11:03 PM   #12
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpion317
BTW, did you see how badly those exotics ran?
I didn't get to see them run though I did see them gathered around...what were some of their times for say the Ferrari Modenas or the Mercedes SL55s?
those were 360 Spyders, not Modenas. Modenas are the hardtop 360's.

anyway, there were two SL55's, one Dodge Viper GTS ACR, two Ferrari 360 Spyders, one Porsche 911 turbo, a '50s supercharged Chevy, and a late '60s Corvette vert. here's what they ran:

SIlver SL55 : 12.8 (i think)
Black SL55 : 12.9
Viper GTS: 12.6 (quickest out of their group) he was spinning all the way past 60'.
here's where it started to get ugly...
'60s Vette : there was a chick driving it. The tree goes green, and she sputters off the line. EVERYONE along the wall started yelling at her, telling her to use the accelerator. she got into it about 1000' down the track. she ran a 17.2.

'50s SC'd Chevy : idk what model it was, i'm not big on the early Chevy's. it looked nice, big blower sticking out of the hood, purple with ghost flames, BIG drag radials and a wheelie bar. too bad he spun wildly off the line, and ran his way to a 13.7.

yellow 360 Spyder : doesn't even bother spinning the tires. Rolls though the staging beams. backs up, gets the staging right. Tree turns green, and he rolls slightly forward before jumping on it. He actually waited for the light to turn green before going. R/T must've been like a 1.5 or something. he ran a 13.9.

blue 360 Spyder : he DOES spin the tires, gets 'em a lil warmed up. Porsche 911 is next in line behind him. as they tell the Porsche to come up to the box while the Ferrari is staging, the Porsche rolls through the box, and lines up next to the Ferrari, thinking they're gonna race IN THE SAME LANE. the whole time, the exotics were going one at a time, but this guy was obviously not paying ANY attention whatsoever. the Porsche backs up while being booed by everyone in attendance, while the Ferrari bogs off the line and runs a wonderful 13.9.

silver Porsche 911: this genius rolls up to the staging beams, and promptly rolls right through them. the guys on the track are shaking their heads, wondering just how stupid this guy can get. he backs up again, deep stages, and bogs off the line. runs a low 14.

that was the end of that....i've never seen the potential of these cars wasted so badly. the only guys who ran decently were the SL55's and the Viper. moral of the story : just because you spend $200,000 on your car, doesn't mean you know how to drive.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote