View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #17
pnykillerz28ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
2000? 2700? you can get truck mani for 150$ and do a custom mege pipe.
well with that i would still have to buy intercooler and cold side piping i was planning on making my own kit until the huron and on3 kits were released. and unlike a lot of people i do know my limitations and any kit i put together wouldn't be done as well as if i just bought one from them cause im not great with welding. but i know enough about it that i dont really want to spend almost 3g's on a few welded together pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmanvette75 View Post
This. What ever you expect to spend multiply it by at least 2.5. I just spent 3 grand this week and it barely dented the "need to buy" list that I have. Unless you are a master fabricator, engine builder, and have a parts hookup, boost isn't cheap...
i do have a few hook ups i am an engine builder i build boat motors performance, restos, anything people want i can make work ive done a few ls engines in boats so im defiantly not new to building and fabricating just have never messed with cars and turbos too much. i also have a shop full of nuts bolts and all the other little stuff that kill most people.

i know what you guys are talking about when it comes to spending the money right the first time i have seen countless customers end up spending more on there old crap then they would have spent getting a brand new motor, that wont be happening to me. im just trying to build this the best way i can while spending the least amount of money. and one way of doing that for me is not hopping on the band wagon and buying a huron kit and just paying for a name thats popular for the moment. ky made great kits at the time too and everyone swore by them but now half of there customers dont even have the parts or money to finish there cars.