Thread: 2014 Z28
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #74
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
Wait, its got less stuff, less weight, optional delete items, an engine that costs less, less horsepower that the ZL1, but will be within 5k or OVER the price of a ZL1? That right there is what is wrong with GM. That car should be within 10k of a fully optioned base model V6. The ZL1 starts at ~$57,000, the Z28 should be $5,000 less than that WTF is wrong with these idiots
I don't know what the production numbers are going to be on the Z/28 versus the ZL1, but perhaps the limited edition "cool factor" is coming into play?

Perhaps a silly question, but how would this car do on a road course compared to a C7?

Realistically, I can't see a normal person purchasing these new--and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure we'll see very, very few of these on the street, and more so in collections or HPDE days for the big-wigs. Status and image. That's what I chalk this up to--and I approve of that.
I think GM is doing image remodeling, and offering up some exclusivity helps that. No longer the mullet-mobile of your trailer park, but a piece of a rich guy's stable that he takes pride in, and the average guy recognizes as rich in both value and legacy. Those people aren't going to mind an extra 5-10k
on the price tag. They just want to own something rare and awesome.

The used market will, of course, be different.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote