View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #147
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Re blasted my spindles tonight since they flash rusted after I hit them the first time when I cleaned and got them ready to send to Keith at Customworks for modifying and drill/tap for the brake brackets. One of Keith's friend made him a nice spindle jig to hold the pin so the holes for the brake bracket are 90 degrees to the pin when drilling.

Also got the spindles painted too. I am hoping to get the suspension all buttoned up and back together this weekend.
Hopefully I can get one side assembled with a hub each night so they are ready to put on the car on Saturday. I am using the hubs from my 91 GTA. I bought new outer bearings with races since the pin diameter is .750" compared to the later spindles at .840" Eventually I'll buy another set of hubs from Kore3 with 1/2" studs so I don't have a metric stud on the front and standard on the rear. For now I'll use these hubs since they are not being used.

I also need to get the pitman arm off the old steering box to put on the 600 series steering box I have for the car.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote