View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #173
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

I didnt think about that. It is good advise, but for the moment I am going ahead with that since I have all the parts I need for the plumbing. I actually entertained the idea of the regulator on the return under the brake booster, but I like the way this is coming out better. I can still switch to that design if I choose.
This engine is probably not going to see track time, just a cruiser until I can buy the new engine in the spring. Since this is a truck engine and it uses a return I am staying with that configuration. The next engine is going to be a car gen IV engine and I will then move the regulator to the rear and the pressure line will be dead-headed at the rails like the cars are currently using.

At the rate I am going, this engine will never actually see the road, lol. I am going to have to re-do work one way or another. If I cant get my wheels soon I am going to have to put the stock brakes back on. If I do this, then I may see a few days on the road in the fall and nice days into the beginning of winter.
If I do get my wheels soon the delivery will be sometime in the late fall and I wont be driving it until spring most likely. Come tax/bonus time I will be buying the engine I really want and changing out the engine after I get that. All of this current work is not in vain since it is "mockup" for the next engine regardless. If I get this engine running and actually drive it, it is just a bonus.

I think I am about two weekends from being able to try to fire up the engine. I have to mount my ECM and then wire in the power, tach, etc to the car.

Last edited by PolarBear; 08-09-2013 at 10:13 AM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote