View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
The_Bishop
Power Member

In my opinion, you are asking a lot from a motor and induction system that put out a designed 225 horsepower. The biggest limiting factor if I'm remembering right, is the TPI intake.

Your next biggest problem is going to be tuning. You need to find someone who can tune the TPI motor, and that's going to need a chip burned. It's been a very long time, but somewhere in the back of my head I recall the computer needing to be modified (chip socket soldered in) to use burned chips but I might be mistaken about that.

With that power on tap, the five speed isn't going to live. They grenaded with alarming regularity at stock power levels on street tires when driven hard. Same thing with the rear axle.

Unless you are stone set on the TPI, you might be far better off with an LS based swap. The right 6.0 with a cam makes 400HP all day long.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote