View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by enRo View Post
Figured I'd post a little update in case anybody has ran into this problem.

I went ahead and finally tore the front of the motor apart with a new cam retainer plate in hand, and after further inspection, that was the problem. It may have not looked like the seal was bad if I didn't have a new one to compare it to. What a difference though. After weeks of procrastination, I finally put the motor together. I'm currently idling at ~60psi and crusing at ~65psi with no bogging or hesitation.

A suggestion for anybody doing your first cam swap - go ahead and buy yourself a new cam retainer plate with the countersunk holes & matching bolts. It will definitely save you the countless headaches and hours upon hours of diagnosing an oil pressure problem.

Much appreciated Kirk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFirstZ View Post
Just happened to me on my new motor 8/ I was so careful when i installed it as well. Glad you found it
Glad you found the issue, even though getting to the retainer plate is a like doing the cam swap all over again. I had the same issue after my cam swap and the oil pressure got progressively lower until I tore the front apart again. The issue wasnt a matter of careful install alignment or damaged parts, I just didnt think to loctite the bolts and they slowly backed out. A real PITA to diagnose, and usually the last place to look once everything else checks out.
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote