Thread: 92 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #55
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

OK, here is a picture of the speedo and tach, the speedo only has a regular 194 replacement 5 LED on the LH side, the tach has the LED halo and a 9 LED 194 replacement bulb lighting the needle through the plastic optic. I haven't put in the PWM dimmer yet for the halo. The picture is a bit over exposed though, but I am not entirely happy with the halo, I may put in a second ring that is smaller than the 100mm to light up the numbers. I'll have to see how it is once I get the dimmer wired and see how the light is after that

Here is the tach and the second cluster, tach has the orange scraped off the needle and white painted instead, the others have the orange needles still. For the Volt and fuel gauge I cut the 60mm halo into sections so it fit a little better behind the sections of the hash marks.

Here is a comparison against the stock orange

I am going to have to figure out how to light up the needles better. I think I am going to wind up gluing small sections of one of the halos on the plastic optics and those will be full bright all the time so they light the needles up better.

I also got the orange filter off the lighting for the headlight switch and dimmer. I was able to open it and I will be able to get a couple small LED's in there to replace the orange glow of the incandescent bulb.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote