View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
Teds89IROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
I've run the Eccel 300+ digital ingition system for probably 15 years now, zero problems! Easy to install, has a built in rev limiter.

Comes in a kit with the controler, new coil and wiring harness. Only other thing I did was buy a rubber mounting kit so it doesn't get any vibrations and allow air flow around.

As other had said, your stock tune has a rev limiter in it. When I first moded the car I had PCM4Less do the tune and set the limit high so I could easliy change the rev limit using the accel unit. now I do my own tuning and set it in the tune.
PCM4Less did mine as well and set the rev limiter higher but I forget what it's set to exactly. I'll look into the Eccel system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Huryk View Post
Agreed.

I'm not sure about today, but back 20 to 25 years ago, about 50% of the 6AL boxes were duds - either didn't work out of the box, or died in a few days.

There is a rumor that the main reason the knock-offs from overseas were noticed was that the return rate dropped off quite a bit - they made them of higher quality. I find that disturbing and hilarious at the same time.
Oh man, that is funny and sad
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote