View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #99
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post

Camaro with $3700 (10%) down, 3.11% interest, 5 year financing: $600/mo.

Corvette with $5600 (10%) down, 3.11% interest, 5 year financing: $908/mo.

I don't know about you, but that extra $308 (51%!) a month is a pretty ****ing huge jump. As in, buy a second new small car for daily beater status jump.

But hey, what do I know? I bought a $30k truck, so I must be a millionaire.

If you can afford $600 a month you can afford $900 a month. If you're taking on a car payment for $600 a month and you dont have another few hundred dollar buffer each month, then you cant afford a $600 car payment either. that is unless you want to go paycheck to paycheck. Also if you're buying a $40k car and only putting 3 grand down on the car...you can't afford that car either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Folks, this is a moot point.

He doesn't like the car's looks, and that's fine, but price is not the deciding factor here.

He makes a fine point. The price isn't a deciding factor here, the point im trying to make is that what was once the best bang for your buck historically,
is no longer a great deal compared to the competition and is no longer an entry level v8 performance vehicle....which is what the Camaro was originally
intended for. The fact that you can get a Corvette with minimal effort instead, is a very weak point for Chevy...IMO.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 01-12-2016 at 07:26 AM.