View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
wrong generation

Social Networks:

did my opti finaly die or could it be somthing else ?

monday night. got into my car ( 96 z28) drove to a store everything was normal. went to leave the store about 20 minutes later. and the car would start up but stall out/die as soon as i shifted into gear. tried for 10 minutes and kept doing the same thing. sat there for about a half hour waiting for a friend to come. he showed up and all the sudden the car fires up and goes into gear. half way home the car dies and won't start back up. went home about 15-20 minutes later went back to the car and it started up drove home fine. 3 hours after that drove the car to work then drove the car home after work no problems. had to drive my brother to his job. on the way home on the parkway it started to hesitate you could tell it just wasnt happy but made it home. later on that day i went out again. the car was driving fine no problems then all the sudden died.

i figured its eather no fuel or no spark. i ruled out the no fuel issue as i can hear my fuel pump working. so that leaves me to believe no spark. now before we all just point directly at the opti-spark. is there anything else i should look at or is this deff syptoms/signs of the opti taking a crap ?
wrong generation is offline   Reply With Quote