View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #31
firebirdat

Totally forgot about this thread actually. Alot has happened since the last update. Bought a transmission, stupid money for one of them. Ended up buying a Tremec t56 Magnum with the 2.63 first and 0.63 sixth. Installed that with a LS7 Clutch and flywheel, and an American power-trains hydromax master set up. Car ended up sitting for a good solid 6 months after that was all installed because i started a restoration project on a 1978 VW Camper bus.

In between work and my part time job, and working for myself i purchased all sorts of suspension goodies that have been long overdue and some out of necessity. Got a Torque arm trans crossmember because its not an Fbod transmission, Bilstein shocks and struts, Founders rear control arms and panhard bar, Lower control arm relocation brackets, Eibach lowering springs, BMR Tubular front control arms, Moog Steering gear, Spohn wonder bar, all new polyurethane sway bar links and bushings. Got all new E-brake hardware, from the handle all the back got new cables.Got a new driveshaft, got the power steering line. Speedo cable, and shifter ball and stick etc.. Bought but havent installed the magnaflow cat back. I have been spending two nights a week on it after i get out of work doing little odds and ends, time gets harder and harder to find, especially with cold weather and moving the car around twice and working outdoors but the plan is to have it driving before May.

Biggest things right now are to fabricate the Y-pipe with oval piping, remount the master cylinder reservoir, and ive been going around and moving little odds and ends to make it that much neater. Like is said once daylight savings time hits i should be able to work that much more on it without being annoyed about working in the dark. As for pictures i'll have to find them and post them up within the week