View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #36
EODMonkey

it absolutely KILLS me to see the lengths people go through to lighten a car. i've always followed the general rule that every 100lbs is a tenth of a second and every 100hp is a full second. so when you start talking about 20lbs here n there its just easier to take a really big **** before you race or go on a damn diet. you might want to start cutting your chasis and replacing the steel with aluminum and going all carbon fiber, hood, trunk, doors, fenders. 4 gal. gas tank, tubular k member, hell just drill holes in your sub frame. remove the dash totally but leave the steering column and firewall. you want a weight difference let me see you get a 3400lb beast down to a 2000lb accent. oh yea that roll cage is gonna slow you down too. i'm sorry i'm ranting. i know lessening the weight helps but the concept was derrived from straight track cars with plexi bodies, i hate to see a beautifully fast car that is all torn to **** just for what, .2 seconds. just put out more damn power. this way that chick you want to f*** can get all wet riding with you. road head is worth its weight in .......
EODMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote