Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #1676
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

It almost was, but then it wasnt.

Saturday was supposed to be the day i drove the car for the first time, and i gotta say... it was close. There was many issues me and my group of friends with dealt with. Admit-ably, most of which(jk all of them) were my fault. Heres how the day went, from start to finish.

First order of the day:
Charge the battery
Bleed the brakes

Charging the battery went painless, not much to go wrong there.

Bleeding brakes, whole different story. when swapping the to the tubular K and A arms i obviously had to pull the brake lines. When i did, i called up Napa and had them deliver me some replacement crush washers for the banjo bolts to the calipers. I was a bit skeptic bc they seemed larger than what came off. But i tossed them on and forgot about them... Until we pumped the pedal to get brake pressure for me to take the wheels off, and brake fluid began to POUR out of both banjo bolts.

Pulled the bolts and washers, found some specs online, indeed they are to large. There is like a grove they sit in on the caliper, they were too large to fit in. Napa, Autozone nor pepboys were able to provide me with the proper ones. So bleeding brakes and driving the car was out of the question.

New crush washers received today from Chevy Dealer

Spend the next hour or so just cleaning up and organizing while i waiting for my Tuner to come over and get this thing going.

Tuner arrives.

Nishan shows up and gets to work. First and fore most, loads up a tune that accounts for the GTP injectors that are in the car. The same injectors were originally in the car, but i swapped to stockers to diagnose and eliminate that the injectors were the cause of my issues. GTP injectors run at #41 at Fbody fuel pressure.

Tune loads up, car fires right up. Runs BETTER, but not that good. He spends a few more mins looking over what im guessing is fuel tables? Lets out and "oooOooOOoh" loads the tune up. Fires, running even better.

At this point the car runs for about 30-45 seconds and lets outa HUGE backfire. Nish shuts the car off.

Now he is questioning me about my MAF set up. I had a 85mm truck MAF on it, and he is suspecting it is giving me issues. Thankfully i had a stock MAF still, threw it on.

Went to fire up the car to a TERRIBLE sound. Crawled under the car to find the ear broke off the starter. Pulled the start off, thankfully had one sitting around as well. Not sure its the exact correct one, but it worked.

Fired the car up and it idled on its own for the first time. Idles a bit high, but upon inspection i think its just due to the set screw on the TB.

https://youtu.be/UtH9e3YrSOM

idled for about a minute, and while bleeding the cooling system, sprung a leak. It is leaking right from were the case of the EWP bolts together. So we had to shut it down for the day. I drained the coolant and pulled the pump off. Spoke to Mezieres today, they have a seal kit available. So ordered that up.

Last edited by LS1ow; 04-23-2018 at 05:04 PM.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote