Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 08:28 AM   #1713
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Mistakes have been made.

Really planned on wrapping up my gauge install but i ran into a snag. I pulled power from were Adam suggested, but i deff messed up somewhere.

-Grounds for both gauge lighting and gauge itself and ran to ground block under the hood.

-Power for gauge lights i tapped into the brown wire going into the back of the headlight switch. There were a few wires back there that were ranges of brown to tan so i tapped into the brownest of brown. However, that wire was running into the white 4(maybe 5 pin) connector on the back of the switch. And im pretty sure thats just for the dimmer.

-Power for the guages itself i used one of these joints...

...and T-ed in to the GAUGES fuse. Now this is were im confused. The gauges deff have power, bc soon as i turn the key on the needle on the autometer gauges snaps up to 0 from its off post. To me, that means the gauge is in working order. Since i wont be able to tell for sure until i can get the car moving around to get a real reading. However, no action from the wideband.

Now this is were it gets crazy.

Its time for dinner so i clean up, and get ready to head inside. Long story short, somehow i set the alarm on the car off(factory alarm) and all the lights start blinking and horn going off. while this is happening, the gauges are lighting up AND the wideband screen is on !
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote