View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\ View Post
so did you find out what was wrong with matts engine? Just curious
I thought I told you via PM already, must have never been sent. LOL. The mains and crank were destroyed. Grooved to hell, then the wreckage of that decided to make a trip to the cam, and did the same thing to the cam. I could wiggle the rod cap on number one significantly, and at least two others may have been on the way too. But there were no spun bearings, and no stacked bearings.

I took the block to the machinist, he said the bores were just about perfect, rods were too, the bearings were a lil beat but nothing beyond the normal wear and tear on the rod bearings. The crank was so bad he couldn't even turn it. The cam was a goner too. It needed a rebuild kit, a cam and a crank. I'm not gonna really get into the heads just yet. They were really clean. I know of the issues of rebuilding the bottom end only to have the top end go, but the top of a motor is easily done with the motor in the car. Only thing I may do to the heads may be the valve seals, but I'm not sure about that. There may have been oil and fuel blowby in the pistons due to the knock and the rings not doing their job right. That may be the cause of the smoking. I thought I could smell a hint of fuel in the oil. Which was another reason I had the machinist check the bores.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote