Old 03-17-2024, 06:10 AM   #216
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
this is awesome.
that thing is going to haul !
using the bead-roller is a nice way to do it
fab work looks great too, exhaust, and all the other tricky mounting areas under the hood
Thanks Dave. We'll see how it all works with some miles which may prompt the need for some changes but this aligns with the current goal.

More work was done yesterday and a throwback to Pals wrenching on a car while critiquing everything down to the music being played in the shop (pepper for full OCD unfiltered BLS comments when we work on your stuff).

The goal was to install the boost controller and tune for boost. What ended up happening was we swiftly found out the 255lph Amazon jammy external pump would drop pressure under boost. Smash did a good job with setting up the safeties in the Termi system to kill ignition if that happened. Peak boost was 3.5 psi before ignition cut hit. Goal was around 8 psi. After a bunch of phone calls we identified Hobbytown in Toms River has a decently extensive speed shop however their only external pumps were expensive Holley 1600hp bois. After getting back to shop, I took the car down the street to see if maybe cooling off made a difference. It did but was short lived.

So from there the custom rad shroud was installed and Smash/Adam wired in a 2-step controlled by Holley and a momentary switch. Beverages may have been involved. The hood is back on after a lot of old car fiddling but need to check a few things before latching it down. A new external pump was ordered and should be here this week from Summit. It will be easy to toss in and I'll see if that solves the issue. In hindsight, I should have just had a better pump on hand that could be returned if not needed but it's been a busy few weeks....

More to come

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 03-17-2024 at 06:11 AM.
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote