View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #44
bubba428

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
Pure Street: This is intended to be an entry level heads up category for the true streeter.

General Specs: All cars must have current registration, inspection, and insurance along with functioning street running gear(headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, windshield wipers) and a "full interior"(factory appearing dash, two front automotive seats large enough to seat an adult, console if factory equipped, full interior plastics/trim, carpet, and headliner)
All cars in Pure Street will launch from a foot brake. No transbrakes or two steps allowed.
Racing will be on a .400 Pro-Tree and eliminations will be done on a ladder developed from your qualifying passes.
All vehicles must be GM F-Body based and pass an NHRA style safety and tech inspection.
Tires: Max Drag Radial: 275/50-XX
Max Slick/Cheater Slick: 26x9.5/XX
All tires must have size stamped clearly on sidewall to be legal
Any size of front tire acceptable
Suspension: Suspension is limited to bolt on type components that retain the function of the factory components.
Base Weights: All cars must weigh a minimum of 3400lbs
Engine: All engines are to be small block V8 based and no power adders allowed.
Drivetrain: Any factory style, automotive type transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, or Lenco style transmissions accepted.

1)so does this mean I could use a couple dough nuts sense I'm a poor redneck and can afford drag lites
2) so even if its not a factory motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
yes, there will be time shot/grudge lanes at the nats
DAMN DAMN DAMN I really wish the V6 could have made it...I really wanted to bury that big red abortion they call an f-body

Last edited by bubba428; 07-19-2007 at 09:21 PM.