View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 07:49 PM   #21
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Thanks, yes the media gun is what I was looking for. Wow, for the foot pedal and gun is $200!
Yeah, but the gun that comes with it is junk. Now that I am into the vapor blasting there is a lot of engineering involved and the Chinese ***** just doesn't work properly because they put the wrong parts together. I probably have a few hundred hours blasting in that cabinet, the upgrade parts are worth it.

IMO if you're balking at the price you're probably not going to get the most use out of it anyway. You can suffer through slowly, or just have someone else do it since you'll be wasting so much time doing it yourself.
Watching the guy blast parts with the water it is SO MUCH FASTER than just the dry media, it would behoove you to just give it to the guy who can do it faster and you'll be ahead price wise in the end.

I am kind of hoping to do this as a side business once I am done with the cabinet. I should be able to get wheels in there and they won't take long, other big parts. and there is the benefit of "polishing" the parts with the vapor setup. It leaves a finer finish than the dry media. I got the 7.5HP nozzle and jet in addition to the 5HP, that makes it easier to polish, more media out the end and a larger surface to finish at one time.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote