Old 09-04-2004, 10:37 AM   #15
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliWantsNss
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
mine just went as I was pulling out of a toll booth, I shifted 1st, then second, went to 3rd, let off the clutch and then that horrible grinding noise. i didnt abuse it or anything, just went. In my opinion, its just a piece of crap GM clutch. lol If the dealer says its a wear issue and its not covered, thats BS, if i knew thats what happened on mine before i took it apart, i would have taken it to the dealer and made them fix it. But when i saw what it was, i had it all apart with the new clutch right next to me so i said screw it and didnt bothewr with the dealer. tomorrow i'll post pics of my old disc, i still have it, and in regards to wear, it looks brand new.
ok ill make sure we get the disc...see the thing is he brought the car home from the dealership....i took some pics of it...he took me for a ride in it...got gas...and 50 ft from his house the grinding started...and now the dealership is saying that if the problem is clutch-related its his fault and hes gunna hafta pay for it out of his pocket
Thats the way that it goes w/ "wear" items. What dealer was this? Did he buy it "As is"? They should have some kind of warranty if he just picked the car up. If he has to pay out of pocket, don't pay to have another stock clutch put in....
the dealership is Bound Brook Ford...and if after all is said and done he needs to get a clutch would anyone on the site be willing to help throw a spec stage III in it for the price of dinner?