View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
V
Stalker

Custom dash setup? Using '88 GTA digital dash

My 1988 GTA has the factory digital dash. I love it. Mainly because thats what I had on my 1st real car when I was 17, so its more for the memories.

With that being said, lately I have started to think about doing a more custom setup. The build of the car is more "long term" so mods like this arent going to throw off the deadline or anything. I want to keep the dash looking like a stock digital dash, But I was thinking how i could update it with better displays behind the factory locations. I can't really think of a better solution for the rpm/battery/temp/oil gauges but I think I could find something better them as well as for the speedo and the driver information center. Perhaps a small tablet type thing incorporated behind the outer bezel? something maybe along those lines.

I have just begun the search for options so I have nothing in mind yet and I don't know whats really out there.

Anyone know of options for dash displays? or other digital displays that may work on smaller aftermarket screens I could install?

Here is the factory dash setup...

EDIT: maybe something like this to replace the oil press/water/temp/voltmeter/...

Last edited by V; 04-06-2015 at 12:32 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote