View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #6
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

had a fun time today. Arrived at the meet-up spot at 8am despite downpouring rain. I wanted to get out and drive rain or shine. Apparently MANY of the other people who had planned on going decided to chicken out and it turned out to only be 4 cars total. The guy running it, Dave had a 1988 Porsche 944. his friend had a Subaru WRX, and the other guy drove over from NYC and usually has a BMW M3 but it was being worked on so his dealer/loaner car was a BMW 340 or something like that.

This was supposed to be a long 350 mile, 7 hour long cruise up through the top of NJ and into NY, through the Catskill Mountains, and then parts of Eastern PA... but poor weather caused a low turnout of cars so we just did a shorter version of it. Went to High Point State Park, the Hawks Nest Road, parts of NY state, parts of PA. Also stopped at a European/British car shop and hungout there for a bit. Found many cut-through roads with nice turns, good streches of roads and hills too. There is bad cell phone service up there so GPS navigation was not really what we use. I think we mostly just "found" our way around. On the way back I stopped to fuel up across the street from the Chatterbox, and when I drove by... the parking lot was empty and the place was indeed totally shut down (took a photo), was sad to see.

Overall, It was fun. The first two hours of the actual drive it was rainy. After that it was grey, windy, and the road was sloppy with wet leaves, branches, etc but the driving was definitely quick and speedy. Other slower traffic slowed us down at times but on most of the drive we could carve corners and run out straight always at a really good pace. Exciting driving, but nothing totally dangerous. I had a few brief moments where the back end kicked out a little bit in a turn but I quickly reeled it back in and continued on. My car got filthy, so I washed it up good when I got home. I checked my odometer when I got home and round-trip for me was about 183 miles.

Some photos:

Last edited by IROCZman15; 11-03-2018 at 07:46 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote