View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #25
IROC-MIKE

It looks like we will have over 30 cars for sure. Every day I get another call from someone asking if they are allowed to have more cars join in so I only am aware of about 30 but I don't know what to expect. Lou from the Wanderers said he would be able to reserve spots for up to 150 cars & anything over that I was on my own. Nothing would make me happier than to run out of spaces. At that point we would overflow into the Modern Muscle parking as long as its not already full. He said on a good day they get OVER 400 cars show up, and some as early as 9 AM to stake out a spot! We had about 10 cars make it last year and that was a blast; imagine rolling in with 30 or more!
One of the Camaros that was in the Invitational Display with us is driving 3 hours up from Maryland just for this and is also bringing other cars! Its sad that Jerry isn't able to physically be here with us for this monumental event but I know he will be watching over us with a great big smile. Since the Blue Maxi won the HVA Award at the Nationals last week, it's sparked a renewed interest in not only the car but the history around it and what it actually started: it is quite possibly the first Pro-Touring car built and that movement is still alive and well almost 50 years later. Besides being able to rally along side the Blue Maxi, just the fact that the ENTIRE GROUP will be allowed to park together at the Chatterbox is a HUGE DEAL in itself! Don't worry about documenting, there is going to be professional photographers there to capture this meet. As long as you meet up with the group at the last meet spot (the Sparta Evangelical Church at Houses Corner Road) so you can get lined up for the final mile and roll in with us you will be allowed to park in the back lot with the group. Keep in mind they wont allow a daily driver minivan there but brand new Camaros and other performance cars will be allowed.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote