View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Re: Another odd day at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Its getting close to closing time, and one of the techs, Juan, is leaving for the day.
Juan gets in his Mitsu Galant, and tried to start it....no start. He trys again, to no avail. He comes in, grabs the jump-box, clips it on the battery, still no start.
WTF? We all push it inside to the shop, near the battery set up. So we hook up the big machine, still no start. The import guy I work with comes over and looks at it. We took off the timing belt cover, and the belt was fine. Sprockets were good, nothing looked out of place...till we checked the oil.
We took a look at the oil dipstick, and it was fine. We take off teh oil cap and there sitting there was a rocker....oh boy. We grab one of thoes magnetic sticks and grab it out of there. We see another to the left....not good at all.
The tech and I look at eachother and shook our heads. We took off the valve cover, and low and behold, ALL OF THE ROCKERS under the intake cam were off...well...their rocker! They were all sitting there. We grabbed Juan and he just sat there with his jaw dropped.
See, aparently Juan's cousin had rebuild the head, but somehow the rockers came loose? I dont know too much about OHC engines, so I walked away.
ahh so you didnt call out today huh? sounds similar to tims camaro story only worse lol at least tims rockers didnt just come off lol
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote