View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #20
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

i got the above information from my buddy that works at chevy.

Now, round 2 of confusion. but lets start with the simple stuff.

A. "Ground" -Is this as simple as i really think it is? can i just throw an eyelet on the end and ground it to the chassis?

B. "Neutral Safety switch signal"- I take it this is the wire i extend the current NSS wiring to and just connect it? Assuming 1 is a signal and 1 is a ground on the M6 NSS, i would extend the signal wire to the new piece and then do what with the ground? leave it be?

C. "Ignition 3 voltage" - lolwut. Do i just tap this into some form of ignition on power source?

D. "Back up lamp supply voltage" - Since the car was previously a M6, and the Reverse light switch is on the trans, and the wires for it are on the M6 engine harness, what do i do here? Were does this wire normally run to on a A4 car? Im pretty lost on this one.

E. "Starter Relay Coil Supply Voltage" - 1 of the 2 Thick wires on the plug, so im assuming it handles some voltage. Does this connect directly to the starter? or perhaps a relay?

F. "Clutch Start Switch Signal"- the other 1 of 2 thick wires on the plug. This one is rather confusing due to the plug, and pinout, being for a A4 car. Why does the Auto car have a Clutch start switch/What is it? Is it the same 2 pin connector clutch switch as the M6? if thats the case do i do the same as mentioned about the NSS and run the signal wire to this wire and then just ground out/leave alone the ground for the original CSS?

Last edited by LS1ow; 06-01-2017 at 02:39 PM.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote