Thread: 1970 RS Project
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #15
aps63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320B4U View Post
That could be manufactured and sold....nice work.
Thanks.

I've been working on modifing the inner fender and fender lip to accomadate my tire & wheel setup. When I hit a dip in the highway the tire contacts the lip of the fender well. Not really diggin that. I was going to change the wheels for a bigger back space but I really like the wheels and the way the car sits. So time to start cutting & welding.

Started with the fenders first. There is about an inch wide lip in the wheel well that needed to be bend back.

A few cuts and it folded up pretty easy. Just have to weld up the cut lines and good as new.

I left about a 1/4" on the fender so I have picked up 3/4" already. Then I went onto the inner fender and cut out the piece I want to raise up.
I actually cut out one more inch up into the inner fender after I took this photo. This will be the section that I square off to get 2 additional inches of vertical wheel travel.
Should end up with plenty of wheel room.

Well, I got the passenger inner fender done today. Now I just have to weld up the inner fender lip and that side is done. Then onto the drivers side. Should get done quicker now that I have an idea of what I want to do.

Formerly known as 1970 RS

My Garage Project -
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=189511

Last edited by aps63; 10-26-2014 at 05:43 PM.
aps63 is offline   Reply With Quote