View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 07:16 AM   #35
alamantia

Brodeaure is a phenominal goalie, he is one of the best that ever played the sport. Many of the skaters on NJ are great too. I like Paricie (spelling) Madden is an outstanding player as well. Im just sayin the team concept is a cheap way to win and i have no respect for that..

As for a goalie not being able to stand up for themselves, goalies are over protected. Thats a fact. I never played at the level these guys have played but I did play pretty high up in leauges that were wayyyy more prone to fighting, we didnt have that rule where if we fought twice in a game we got ejected. You had to stick up for yourself. Yu had to be aware at all times. Brodeaur is a goalie and goailies are usualy the strongers skaters on a team, you have to be ready to take a hit at all times, going down like a sack of potatoes and waiting for your team mates to come to your aid.... i dunno. As for orr and Janssens, ive fought guys like Janssens before and they are usualy the toughest to fight. They come inside and grab your jersey, smaller players do this to larger players with more reach so they get both their hands on the front of the jersey, this will keep arms of the opposing player outward and prevents them from punching the smaller player. If you noticed, Janssens will always grab the jearsey first unless he is fighting someone smaller than him. So i dont want to hear how Orr started the grabbing crap. Janssens a tough kid no doubt, but he should concentrate more on his skating abilities rather than being a tough guy. Domi was the same way, no one ever noticed how good of a skater Domi was, not even him. My experiance with fighting has always been to come fast and come hard, never at the end of a shift, anytime you give the opposing player time to set up (unless you know you can take him) made me go into clutching and grabbing resulting in a beat down, when i jumped a guy i learned quickly to always go for the lip or nose, weather it be a punch, elbow or even a head butt. I dont think id fight Janssens now as im not in the shape I used to be but a few years ago, i wouldnt be afraid of him or Tucker, now other "tough guys" in teh NHL, I dunno, I probably wouldnt have messed with any of them
alamantia is offline   Reply With Quote