View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #17
The Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
I really haven't put any money into the problem yet, I got the intake for $50 with new gaskets and the whole PCV system for $20 because mine was full of oil buildup and the Y piece was tearing. The rest of the parts I had laying around already.

TTP did my tune, but they're gone now. the problem actually started right after my 6 speed swap and having it flashed to a 6 speed tune (they had originally tuned it when it was auto also). I ordered HPtuners so I'll try to post some info on my tune. I had them flash it to a 6 speed tune and then asked if they could put the engine tuning back on it but I'm not sure if they did or if I'm still on a stock tune just with AIR/EGR/o2's/CAGS etc deleted
IMO, it's something to do with the auto/6-speed swap in the tune. I know I had similar issues with my Monte with the idle hanging up until I swapped in a prom burned for a 5-speed car. The "throttle follower" probably still needs adjustment in the tune; sounds like it's keeping the IAC motor held open longer than it needs to be, which causes the high idle.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote