View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #103
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

picked up the 3 ton engine hoist from my neighbor. I plan to take the old engine out with the trans attached to it.* if that proves too difficult, I will seperate them.* He also let me borrow a transmission jack too.*

Today I drove the car for one last time with this engine in it. it was mid 40 degrees here in NJ today.* The car ran rough, stalled while idling a few times, and SES light was on.* This engine has been in the car for 19 years and has had a lot of use/abuse. It has served me very well enough for a little 305 Gm replacement engine that was never ment to have 20-25 bottles of nitrous fed through it recent years. It is time for an upgrade, but it does feel sad to take a "running" engine out of the car and make the car inoperable for a short period of time.* luckily it is winter and I dont need to have the car road worthy for a few months.*

Then I parked it in the garage and removed the nitrous solenoids, nitrous wiring, nitrous lines,* evap canister and vacuum hoses, radiator, fans, trans cooler, etc.**

my magnetic trans fluid filter did have some metallic sludge on it, butt here is no way for me to tell if this was accumulate in the radiator's trans cooler from the previous transmission meltdown back in 2016. even though I did flush it out then, if you read some of the older posts in this thread, I had a piece of old trans debris get stuck in the valve body of the new trans from Dana at Probuilt automatics a few years ago. I then put in the magnetic trans fluid filter, but have never checked it or replaced it (until now).* I plan on getting a new aluminum (but on the more budget friendly $ spectrum) and hope that it and my B&M trans cooler will be clean and clear for years to come.

i guess next I will start removing the alternator, PS pump, headers, wiring, and transmission related stuff.* I'll drain trans fluid and engine oil also.*

​​​​​​​anyone have any thoughts or input so far?

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote