View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #117
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

So I got the K-member, tow hook, steering components, radiator housing, and wonderbar painted black with some POR-15.
I also painted the brake booster gloss black, as well as the UMI strut mounts, just to freshen things up.
I also installed the Prothane Polyurethane motor mounts.. and I think they are facing the right way up too!

I bought a 25' roll of Nickel Copper NiCopp 3/16" brake tubing as well as a variety of fittings and bent up my own brake lines.* I wanted something much cleaner and more simple than stock. I eliminated the stock style combination valve/proportioning valve, because I already have an in-line Wilwood valve mounted under the car that I can adjust with the knob adjuster.* I think the brake like project came out nice and it is simple, clean, and now the brake lines don't pass* millimeters away from any of the hot exhaust headers or rotating steering shaft.* I bench bled the master cylinder, and then my wife helped me bleed the whole brake system while checking for leaks.* *all went well

here is the old brake line mess:

and the new setup:

I started to install the under-hood electrical components (Positive power jump-post, 150 amp circuit breaker, and power distribution block.. but thats about as far as I can go for now.. until the engine arrives in a* few weeks, and then I can figure out what wire lengths I need for the array of electrical components.

So, in the meantime....
I'm struggling to figure out the best choices for my cooling system overhaul. I made a thread about it here..
* **https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/cool...tor-water.html
ANY advice is super appreciated!!!

FYI I am not a mechanic; this is simply a hobby for me.. and I* know I got involved in a big project here. So far it is going very well. Lots of research here on njfboa, but mostly on TGO and elsewhere has helped.. but I am definitely hoping for some more feedback from the group here!* * basically,* if I am making any bad (or good) choices regarding parts, mechanics, etc, PLEASE let me know. I would rather know about it now and fix whatever I can, instead of troubleshoot a bigger problem later.* I know I am going to have some difficulty with the wiring (and eliminating the factory harness/electronics) so I am certainly going to need some help with that.

thanks guys

Last edited by IROCZman15; 01-24-2020 at 11:19 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote