View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 09:27 PM   #166
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yep, I am probably going to take the cat back off. I am guessing it weighs about 40 pounds, but I'll do my best to weigh it once it is off for an actual number. Will do this saturday afternoon after I get home from the car show in hackettstown.

-I have been taking the air cleaner/filter completely off since back in early June. So the datalogs, tune, and learn data from the track sessions is all with the air filter off. Back in march I did a few passes with the air filter on and some with it off. I also did a few highway rips with air filter on and off and sent these files to the tuner. Overall, the MAp only drops by 1 with air filter on, so it was nice to learn that it is not a huge air restriction when it is on. But again, at Island, the air cleaner comes off and gets put into a box for the day, but I put it back on when I pack up the car and set off for the drive home.

as for the horsepower, it made over 500 hp from 5,300-6,400 rpms. So I guess that's is powerband?

I called the engine builder and he said to shift between 6,200-6,300 and to set my rev limiter at 6,500. so thats what I am doing. On pass #2 of this past weekend I shifted great, but again, there was 300 pounds in the trunk and I was at 35 deg WOT timing. My target afr for peak power is 12.5:1 and the sniper is keeping it right there with some very minor corrections in CL Comp%

chris: I did some fiberglass work and body filler work to the passenger side rocker panel you gave me. still needs some more sanding and fine tuning in the coming week, but hopefully I will have it painted soon.

I chatted with the local performance shop in the next town over and they now have their chassis dyno up and running. Pretty sure he wants to sell me a tune along with dyno time for around $450. I am on the fence about this because I know I will need the car tuned and dynoed in the spring once the nitrous is on it. For nitrous dyno time he chargs $650, which also includes base tuning. So I am thinking it is financially smarter to not do a N/A tune for $450 now, and then have to pay another $650 come springtime. Part of me is saying to hold my money and wait for spring to do the N/A tune and the nitrous tune at the same time for one price.

car show saturday at the Lowes in Hackettstown. It usually gets a lot of cars but this year it is limited to 300 entries. They do have a live band, some extra displays and stuff so its a good one to go to if you are looking to get out and about on saturday. Sunday I'll head to the track.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote