View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #5
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

That was way cool. great Wednesday night of racing, which is now unheard of in New Jersey. Saw a lot of people I know, including Larry who was hanging out with Scott Taylor and buddies.

I asked around and got different answers, so I really don't know if the track was prepped, glued, or just swept off. Some of the Street outlaw NPK cars were hooking out of hte hole and hitting hard on the wheelie bars, causing them to abort the pass after a few hundred feet. Scott Taylor had a 0.951 second time in the 60foot. Mike Murillo set the new track record for a door-car in the 8th mile, and I think it was 4.25 second e.t. Birdman had issues with his starter and a v-band on one of the massive intake charge pipes. Cody Baker, Shawn Wilhoit, and Adam J all did well too. Petey Smallboock didn't make any passes (that I know of), and there was some good bracket racing from a lot of the local usual racers. The rain held off too and nobody oiled down the track or wrecked, although Murrillo did get crossed up and wind up on the opposite lane on one pass. All the racers were super friendly and were chatting with fans, signing autographs, and generally a class act. The process of pre-buying tickets online was a great idea, and it was a quick process to get into the front gate. Extra staff was on hand to help with the parking, and everything seemed well run.
Glad I went to this; photos attached below. I took some videos too, but I wont have time to upload them until I get back from UMI on sunday or monday. My phone is going to be well overworked at that point.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote