View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
IROC-MIKE

I'm offering to organize Cruise Night Caravans in 2017

Spring Greetings! The warm weather is finally here and I'm sure everyone is itching to take the car out of winter storage as much as I am. I'm not here often but the last time I was, I came across a post from one of the moderators who put a call out to members to help carry some of the load and get more involved and mentioned organizing a group gathering. Last year a few of us were able to meet up and do a small caravan to the Chatterbox and a C&C meet which I think was an enjoyable trip and fun event for all of us. I know NJFBOA holds a yearly event there but I go at least once a month and its always a huge turnout. So as my part of celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the F Body, I'm offering to organize trips to Chatterbox (Saturdays), Whiskey Cafe (Saturdays), Wyckoff (Wednesdays), Bear Mountain (Wednesdays), Boonton (Fridays) and the Bergen County Cars and Coffee (Sundays). I'll also post the car shows as I get info about time & locations as I do a few of those each year. If anyone is interested, I will put a post up the week before I know I am going to each of those and will organize a route where we can meet with other members and drive in together. I can literally walk to the Wyckoff show (which is already in full swing and still at same place as last year: Cedar Hill Reformed Church just across the highway form the Wyckoff Dunkin Donuts) but I'm up to drive a little to meet up with others. I never know what my schedule is for each week so I'm not proposing planning specific trips. I am offering to figure out what route each of us would be taking and plot it out to pick up the most people along the way and roll in as a group to the events I will be going to.
Not sure how many of you are up for it but I'm throwing it out there because I go to these cruises either way. I enjoy driving the car more than looking at it parked so I try to take scenic routes that are fun to drive with little worry about traffic and theres safety in numbers.
Speaking of which...
Jersey Mike: I forgot to thank you for taking one for the team getting pulled over in Allendale on our last C&C caravan but you probably would have gotten the ticket had you been solo.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote