View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
Blacdout96

Is 4th gen intrest for composite parts still around?

Hey everyone, been a while to really sit down and write on here, between school and work. I got an offer for a very cheap 4.1 gen Camaro, and want to make some panels to sell, however I'm not even sure if the 4th gen Camaro crowd is that large, or interested enough in going the lengths to lighten up their vehicle. I wanted to make composite rear quarter panels, door skins, front fenders, hoop in front of rear glass, and a few other goodies.

I've basically been on the fence about going into starting a small business that would allow me to really hunker down and produce parts, but I would need to see if the investment would allow me to at least break even let alone profit. I would certainly build other panels down the line for Firebirds, and possibly 3rd gens if the demand was there as well, but at this time, I'm not even sure if I could get off the ground if the demand was too low. Honestly, from my standpoint, most cheapo-ebay so called "carbon fiber" hoods and such are nothing but a single layer of carbon fiber, with glass behind it, and using fibreglass resin, which is nothing but cutting corners, and adding unecessary weight. I would only use Carbon fiber, Kevlar (49) and epoxy resin and vacuum bag everything.

With that said, I've been with you guys for over about 10 years now, You've been a great group, and supportive, as well as being local, so questions or assistance has been accessible. I would certainly look into group buys with a great discount if enough people were interested. So is there enough of an interest? are people racing their cars, have dented panels they would love to upgrade or just overall have a new toy to add on their car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote