View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #4
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
-You don't need a HV pump.
-I would be very wary of LS7 lifters
-I would replace the stock fuel pump to be safe with a genuine walbro or aeromotive.
-Stock oil pan and pickup are prob better than moroso windage wise.
-Save up for LE2 package
-Look into resizing the rods for ARP hardware
-If you have the money, do ARP mains too
You're right, HV pump probably won't help if the bearings are fresh, should be tighter clearances. I'll probably leave the stock oil pump/pan for now and reconsider if I continue to have the drop in pressure under WOT.

I forgot to write it up top, I plan on ARP head studs/main bolts and I'll have the rods machined for ARP rod bolts as per your suggestion.

Why no LS7 lifters? I thought they were the replacement for the LT1 and seeing as the LS7 revs quite a bit higher than Ill be (6200 max) I should be ok? Unless you have a better suggestion

As for LE2, I think Ill put the extra $400 elsewhere if the LE1 will get me to my goal. Future plans for the car may involve FI so a different set of heads would probably replace the stock ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
I'll sell you my 385 for 5 grand intake to oil pan, way more into it then that and way more power than that yet still very streetable.

I'd keep the stock fuel pump. Too many issues with aftermarket ones. If you find you need one, get it from a reputable dealer, get a hot wire kit, and hope you get a good one!

Don't forget a mail order tune. I'd skip the sa rockers and go nsa, that cam will be in the rpm range to warrant them.

You should be figuring out your quench and compression ratios too.
Tempting as your setup is, I'll let you keep it lol fuel pump was replaced a few years ago, not sure of the brand but we'll see if it can keep up.

Found CC Magnum 1.6rr NSA with guide plates and pushrods for a good price. I know they're not full roller rockers, but I'm leaning towards steel vs aluminum for fatigue strength.

Updated the top a bit.
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote