View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #6
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97camaro View Post
You're right, HV pump probably won't help if the bearings are fresh, should be tighter clearances. I'll probably leave the stock oil pump/pan for now and reconsider if I continue to have the drop in pressure under WOT.

I forgot to write it up top, I plan on ARP head studs/main bolts and I'll have the rods machined for ARP rod bolts as per your suggestion.

Why no LS7 lifters? I thought they were the replacement for the LT1 and seeing as the LS7 revs quite a bit higher than Ill be (6200 max) I should be ok? Unless you have a better suggestion

As for LE2, I think Ill put the extra $400 elsewhere if the LE1 will get me to my goal. Future plans for the car may involve FI so a different set of heads would probably replace the stock ones.

Tempting as your setup is, I'll let you keep it lol fuel pump was replaced a few years ago, not sure of the brand but we'll see if it can keep up.

Found CC Magnum 1.6rr NSA with guide plates and pushrods for a good price. I know they're not full roller rockers, but I'm leaning towards steel vs aluminum for fatigue strength.

Updated the top a bit.
Get a gm white spring for the pump, arp drive, and braze the pickup to the pump. LS7's have been a crap shoot especially in lt1 rebuilds. They use a much lighter valve train and I'm sure the qc in mexico isn't the greatest. If you are revving to a max of 6200, the stock cam is capable of that or something similarly sized. Your cam will probably make power till 6600-6700 with those heads, higher with le2s. Honestly, you should write out exactly how much you'll be spending between the machine shop, the hard parts, the little things, shipping, taxes, and the unexpected. I think you'll be right around 5 grand give or take. I was nearly 5 in machine shop labor. I'd throw in the tune/pcm but I'm a 95 unless you want to convert. Honestly, give it a little consideration. Its callies/compstar crank and rods, srp pistons, 4 bolt mains, le2s, 238/246 cam, and supporting parts.