Thread: boosted 02 ss
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #9
coolmanvette75
12 Second Club / Bullwinkle

That cam is gonna really suck with boost IMO. You don't want something with an lsa like that in a turbo app (For example my cam is on a 114+5 lsa).

Spend some money on a quality wastegate. I wouldn't trust a chinese gate. One cheap stuck wastegate can take out a lot of even more expensive parts. Jon from Huron is a turbosmart dealer and can get you a good price on them, especially if you buy the kit and accessories at the same time (I run twin turbosmart 45's and a turbosmart 50mm bov on my car).

You are going to want to upgrade your fuel pump setup, as a single 255 won't cut it. I like to overbuild with fuel systems so I would recommend a twin setup, but you may be able to get away with one big pump depending on your power goals. I didnt see you mention any other fuel upgrades, so I'm going to remommend doing a regulator and lines as well. -8 feed from the tank and either a -6 return or use your stock feed as a return. Get a good *boost referenced* fuel pressure regulator. This will raise fuel pressure on a 1:1 scale with boost so you can make sure you are getting enough fuel, and make your tuner's life a little easier. I have a Magnafuel regulator on my car but pretty much any boost referenced fpr will do

LS6 clutch is going to laugh at boost. I'd definitely beef that up.

I can recommend a few more things, but it all honestly depends on what your power goals are and what you plan on actually doing with the car when you are done...
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
who is FFB?
An NJFBOA legend. Ask about him at the next meet.

Last edited by coolmanvette75; 01-16-2015 at 04:40 PM.
coolmanvette75 is offline   Reply With Quote