View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #14
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen
Skiing, or a game, or something like that are real good ideas for side trips, no doubt; I might even have interest in either. In fact, the January deal could be renting a lux box at the Trenton ‘Devils’ game. But it might be nice to keep actual meets in the area or more accessible.

Cars should be driven. I keep thinking about how mini 'power tours' might be a cool idea. Like long one day cruises that don’t really go that far, say like 3 1-to-2-hour legs to general destinations (parks, restaurants, etc.). Start somewhere around 9AM, ride for an hour or two for lunch. Then maybe cruise to the next ‘stop’, where we could grab dinner. And then maybe head to a local cruise night somewhere. Something like that. I was thinking about it driving home from Island last August while I followed a few fellow f-body owners home that day. Plus Power Tour was way fun.

Day trips: Delaware Camaro show in June, Maple Grove Super Chevy in July (sorry Poncho guys).
Longer trips (i.e. days): Ocean City MD spring/fall shows, GM Carlisle.

We could just sit down with a map & a calendar and bounce ideas around. We just need to deal with things like holidays (even NA$CAR takes Mother’s Day off) and other popular car events (like GM Carlisle or swap meet).

All I know is, to do so much, you guys are going to need help. It would be nice to do something every month, or every 6 weeks, but that has to be tough. I suppose this is why no mods have running cars. Maybe you could get some help for some of these day deals so you can work on the bigger deals (Nats, etc.). Jeff has nothing to do, give him jobs.
good idea up in this hizzle!! make jeff a mod!! he has one non runing fbody thats good enough!!