Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #1389
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post

Question for the pros: There's a correlation between MAF and those low compression numbers??

Beggers, jog my memory:
  • You pulled the valve covers and verified rockers are going choo-choo?
  • You double checked that you didn't butcher anything during your snipping-spree or the re-looming of the harness?
  • Did you move coil packs around? You can grab LS1 coil packs & plug wires for testing/Racewars purposes as well.
  • Swapping to stock injectors helped, correct? How did you ascertain that there were no fueling issues in the system you plumbed?
No Relation between MAF and compression, like we were talking in text, im starting to think low compression doesnt have to do with the firing issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post
Rocker bolts snug down, then back off two turns. Run compression test. If the numbers jump up significantly, points to too-long pushrods.

The low compression test numbers are clue we shouldn't ignore. Also, crank the motor until the gauge stops climbing, that'll give the lifters a chance to pump up with a little oil.
I had the rockers down snug with the pushords in for the leakdown and nothing got by the valves, it all came past the rings. You can clearly hear the air coming out of the crankcase(still had timing cover off) No hissing out of exhaust or top end. Wouldnt this verify pushrods are not holding valves open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
I agree. I just wonder if the gauge is bad or slow cranking speed since they were all low. After kirk told me how you measured for pushrods, I would do like the bishop says and see if the numbers improve.
I can grab the gauge from work and try it with that one. Mine is SnapOn, not sure of the work brand. Its audi supplied.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote