View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #9
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR294 View Post
we should get our banner in the pits again that was cool
The banner is still there. Its big and yellow with black NJFBOA text on it. It can probably be seen in the background of some of my videos/photos, but it is definitely there.

I spoke to a friend who drag races often and apparently the date that the "violation" happened was last weekend during the nostalgia Old Dayz Drags w/ Funny Cars, and not the test and tune last Friday that I was at. However, all of the photos in the NJ.com article are actually from Friday night's test and tune which had me confused. I remember a guy taking photos (not the usual track photographer) and I remember seeing most of the cars in the photos attached to the nj.com article. There were a LOT of cars there on Friday night. At one point I thought there was some type of rice-burner parade coming through. They were parkign 3 deep in the pits, with neon underglow lights, music blasting, and a whole party atmosphere. But it wasn't 1,000 people.
Also the date of the article and the way it was written, made it seem like the "violation" had just happened and was not a week old.

here is the article:
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...tate-says.html

Last edited by IROCZman15; 09-22-2020 at 10:21 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote