View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #11
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

So as this stands, I spoke to Scott a bit and to Moser about re-working my existing drum-to-disc conversion brackets. While it is totally possible, it would cost a bit of $. Again, much thanks to Scott for being very helpful.

Then, the day before I was going to place the order with Moser, I decided to try calling Ed again. (Ed owns www.flynbye.com performance and is the one who sells/makes the brake package that I have on the rear and front of the car. he does great work, but it is VERY difficult to get in contact with because he has a demanding full time job and does brake kits on the side).
Out of pure luck he answered the phone and apologized for not getting back to me. He agreed that my exising plates could be machined, but instead offered that he would mail me a set of the proper (10/12 bolt style plates for 12" rotor w/ PBR caliper) if I sent him back my old plates. All I had to do was pay shipping. This was AWESOME. I shipped my plates out and about a week later I got these in the mail from him (photos attached). these look like exactly what I need to make my existing brakes work on the new rear

Next, I am going to ship these to Moser, and if they say "ok, yes we can use these and they will be compatible with the proper end/bearing/seal combination" .. I will then place the order. I will ensure that they know to use a 2.75" offset for my Gm style C4 corvette brake kit, but I think that they will be able to just install these plates before pressing on the bearing/seal to each axle right?. then when it all arrives at my house, I will bolt in the axles, mount-up the rear, and bolt on the brakes. I think I'll have to run new brake lines, or reconfigure my current ones

I think I am going to go with 3.73 gear ratio. I run a Nitto 555 street tire, which is 26.97" tall if I go with a taller slick, or drag radial or something similar the 3.73's might be better than the 3.55's. I also wont have to swap out the plastic speedo gear either.

i will get screw in studs. 1/2" diameter. i think 2" on the length. will figure out lug nuts later...

here are some photos. The rear gear oil was only put into the axle back in march 2018, and has only 2,200 miles on it. jeeeezzz

Last edited by IROCZman15; 01-28-2019 at 12:06 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote