Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #1756
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Saturday was another day of Trial and Error with the tuner.

First, for the hell of it we re-uploaded Kirks tune into the PCM and tried to get it to go. Ran, but did not run any more well than it was. So moved on.

The car has GTP injectors in it, so he double checked his numbers and then we compared them to some numbers provided by other people that have used the same injectors with LS1 fuel system, and they were spot on.

We are pretty sure the wideband itself is all set up correctly, but there is just a issue with the car/tune.

While doing all this, we noticed the alternator wasnt charging at all pretty much. So much so that i had to have the car connected to the jump box bc it wouldnt have enough juice to start after reloading files. So a new alternator is on the way.

After trying a ton of different crap. Adding fuel, pulling fuel, No MAF, less maff influence, different files of cam only LS cars he had on his computer, we both kinda came to the conclusion that there is an issue with a component. Me, the tuner, and my entire cast of characters that were there were leaning towards it being 2-3 injectors that are peeing in my cereal.

Next Move: toss the stock injectors back in, start from a known good constant.

So i hit up mike, whom pointed me to Keith, who had his stock injectors. Took a quick ride up to him and grabbed them. (BONUS CONTENT: Me and my brother stopped at a bar called The shepherd and knucklehead in North Haledon, great beer selection and food) So today after work ill be tossing in the injectors.

As some of you may remember, i previously swapped in the stock injectors a few months back when i was running into misfire/backfire issues. When we swapped them in it did indeed make the issue a smidgen better. But it didnt fix it. So i swapped back to the GTPs continued to diag. Ended up being the pushrods. So im kinda grasping at how when i swapped to stock injectors it helped a little, and im only a little off currently, so hopefully that solves it. Then i can order some brand new injectors and we can hit the dyno.

BLS bought up a good point to, with the electrical system barely getting any power it could have an effect on the ignition/pcm/injectors ect.

TL;DR- Alternator needs replacing. Injectors are shot... or are they ???

Last edited by LS1ow; 07-09-2018 at 10:46 AM.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote