View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #39
quickkris2006

IM CHANGING DIRECTIONS WITH THIS BUILD.. im going to part out the camaro vert and go with a buddys 86 trans am.. he recently picked up a 94 formula and has no more use for the shell of a ta sitting in his driveway.. the main reason im doing this is because my camaro has MAJOR body damage.. and the ta is ready for paint with a quick layer of high build primer and a good wet sanding.. it also has an 8 point cage.. here are some pics..

this car was being set up for an all out drag car.. and is the perfect base for what i want.. i have missed my ttop so much.. and this car has no rust what so ever and the body is perfectly straight.. only 1 problem i see is that i cant put in windshield wipers on the car again.. it was welded shut and from what the po told us is that he welded piping in from there to the subframes of the car.. the car also has fully custom subframe connections that run the complete length of the car and makes the car super stiff..

the story behind the car is kinda cool too i actually was at the scrap yard unloading some scrap and i look accross to the gate and in comes this ta on the back of a trailer.. and then they start pushing it off the trailer.. i run over to them and ask them what they are doing and they answered that they were getting rid of the car .. i asked them what the scrap yard was giving them for it and they said 250 i told them i would give them 300 if they towed it down the street to my house.. which they did.. and then my aunt flipped out and so i sold it to my best friend for the 300 and now im buying it back.. i have made my decison.. it will cost me less money in the long run for body work. and im kinda tired of the camaro look.. i love it but its time for a change.. ill be pulling everything that i can from the camaro and putting it into the trans am.. the complete 4th gen interior i have worked into my camaro will be comming back out and going into the trans am.. along with everything else..
quickkris2006 is offline   Reply With Quote