View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #47
quickkris2006

updates for today!

the weather was really crappy today and i had court in the morning so i didnt get much done really lol i got the driver side spring back in and got the strut bolted up man what was a pita without the spring compressor! but with a long prybar 3lbs sledge and a good jack it went in with a good amount of effert.. the other side shouldnt be so hard since i did it once now..

im having 1 problem now i went threw my bucket of bolts and cant seam to find the trans cross member bolts.. so its being held up by a jackstand right now i have some bolts that go in but dont get tight so i need to go to the store and get 1 size bigger.. man do i hate buying bolts and such when i have 2 buckets full of them.. i guess the 4th gen bolts arrent the same or i have the wrong ones.. o well either way here are the pics from the motor and trans install.. i still think this way is the easyiest way just takes a lil time and u dont have to worry about scratching a nice engine bay paint job this way! mines only rattle can but still.. trying to fit a motor and trans in that things are ganna get scratched.. .. ** note to anyone thats decided to put the motor and trans in this way u dont have to take the springs out to do it.. i removed them to intall the mounts cuz i was tired of fighting them!.. **

* to u 4th gen guys thats kinda the only way to get ur motors in and out.. but it sure is nice being able to access the whole motor from the top with the 3rd gen..

anyway here are the pics from the motor install..

sry for the crappy cell pics.. my droid isnt the best with out a steady hand and it was pretty cold out.. altho not as cold as it was when i took the motor out of the 4th gen.!
quickkris2006 is offline   Reply With Quote