View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

69 Chevy C10 LWB 2WD

I recently bought a 69 Chevy C10 pickup. It is a long wheelbase 2 wheel drive. It is supposed to have a 350, but I cant find the numbers on the head, it is a 2 barrel carb with a 3 speed on the floor that someone converted off the column. They also put in a car 3 speed so I dont know what the original trans is supposed to be. The truck also did not have the proper bed on it when I got it, nor the rear bumper and the exhaust was partially cut off.

This is the day I got the truck home.

Surprisingly the cab is in pretty good shape except the floor, that will need to be replaced eventually. Also the door skins and bottoms will need to be replaced, which I got last night. But the cab doesnt have the usual rot around the front and rear windows which then rots the inner "headliner" and the rest of the cab out.

As of now I have ordered new front to rear stainless brake line since I found one place where it is rotted pretty good, all new brake hoses all around, rear bumper. I also got a bunch of small misc stuff and the door skins and bottoms. Over the weekend I took the passenger side door off and apart so I can repair the door bottom and then put the new skin on.

For the most part I am just putting the truck to stock like condition. I am actively looking for the proper bed, either a fleetside or a stepside, but I think i would rather have the fleetside. If anyone knows of a 67-72 bed in decent condition for sale almost ANYWHERE I am willing to go look at it. I found one in VA on a truck board, but it is a 6 and a half hour drive

Should have updates during the winter as I want to get the Camaro back in the garage and be able to use the truck as soon as I can
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote