View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmaro93 View Post
was thinking more about this... is there an actual clearance issue on the trans half of the connector or just a clearance issue when the harness end is plugged in? was thinking today to do it (imo) really clean would be hole saw what you need in that unibody frame brace to clear the connector then from inside the car get a smaller rubber grommet and cut a hole in the actual tunnel itself to what ever size the grommet is poke a small hole in the grommet and depin the harness and punch the wires through the hole made in the grommet (this will now be pretty tight fit for air/water) and repin the connector. loom the portion of the wire that is on the outside of the tunnel for any sharp metal made by the holesaw. to me this is a clean way of doin it with minimal work. tell me what you think. dont forget to etch prime and paint any bare metal.

Yea, you cannot plug the connector in as is, the frame prevents it. I could do what you are suggesting, but it boxes me into have to depin the harness every time I wanna pull the trans out.

Want a easy, simple way to have the trans be plugged in and out.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote