View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
BrandonDrecksage

It's got 74k, pretty sure it's stock clutch and master/slave. The rest of the car is stock. I just bought it the other day. The 1st quarter of pedal travel is dead. The clutch would start to grab after lifting it about a quarter. I drove it home from delaware all Highway without an issue.

I went to drive to work the other day and after 5 or 10 minutes of stop and go, the clutch would start to grab right off the floor. I called out of work and turned around. I wanted to see if it would still functon at wot and high rpms, so I went wot in 1st and shifted at 5500rpms, with no problem, kept going for the 2nd to 3rd at 550rpm, zero problems. After that little burst, the clutch went back to engaging a 1/4 up in its travel.

I'm guess the master cylinder is on its way out and maybe the slave cylinder. The clutch master fluid is super dark. I put a vacuum bleeder into it to see if I can pull out any air. Nothing came out, besides gross fluid.

So I'm guessing the very least I would need is to flush that fluid, doesn't seem like any easy task though. I ordered a tick master cylinder to put in, but im thinking that won't help with the current issue.

On the flip side, I'm planning on doing a cam and clutch in June or July when I purchased this car. So pushing the clutch up to now isn't a problem since I was planning on it anyway.

Thanks for any help

Previous
1999,, 2001, 2002 Chevy camaro ss, 1998 camaro z28, 2013 camaro 1le twin turbo all m6
BrandonDrecksage is offline   Reply With Quote