View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
V
Stalker

4-post lift owners?

So, in the not so distant future, I will be in the market for some type of lift for my garage. I am leaning towards a 4 post lift due to the fact it would be mostly used for storing a vehicle up top. Then I could drop it down and use it to work on other vehicles when I need to. Basically a 3rd gen trans am GTA will be up top and a '04 GTO down below. Lift would also need to be used for a 2012 honda crv and 96 2wd dodge ram(both for oil changes/maintenance/etc)

What brands does anyone here own?

I was thinking about the bendpak HD-9XW.

As of yet, I have very few size constraints, as the garage has yet to be built. The house has an attached 1-car garage but a second bay will be built out about 15 additional feet to the property setback allowance, and the bay will be at least 25" deep. Lift would get centered from front to back so with full vaulted ceilings, max lift height with the 3rd gen would be possible.

What advice can some 4-post owners give me? like in regards to having columns up against a wall or try to position them at least a foot or two away? How about placing other equipment around the lift, or issues of having a car parked under a car being stored?

Last edited by V; 12-09-2018 at 06:20 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote