View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
V
Stalker

The bendpak is around 3500 shipped.

Garage door will get a custom track that will follow the vaulted ceiling and use a liftmaster wall mount opener.
Yes, slab will be poured overkill and lift will be bolted.
I'd probably use the lift for working on a car 1-2 days a month, and it will store a car 29-30 days a month, thats why I'd lean towards a 4 post.
Ceiling height in middle of vault will probably be pushing close to 16 feet high, but I know a truck to full height isn't going to be possible, but will be enough to do an oil change.
The columns only on the passenger side may be like 2 feet from the wall. On the drivers side, they will be between the lift bay and another open bay, so door swing wouldn't be a problem.

Door tracks would be similar to this style...

This is the house. The garage addition will basically be where the car is parked. There is 25' to property line, zoning side setback is 10', so I can go about 15'more to the right. The garage will extend to the chain link fence in the picture, which is about 8-10 feet deeper than the current garage(laundry room is behind current garage). And like I said, the ceiling on the new addition will be vaulted to full height. So as you can see with that Honda there, if the lift is centered front front to back, I will have pretty decent height.

Last edited by V; 12-10-2018 at 07:17 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote